Our newest team member, Anthony Zlaket, tells us a little bit about himself below. Anthony recently joined our team as a Venture Associate.
Q: What roles did you serve in prior to becoming a Venture Associate at UnityPoint Health Ventures?
• Prior to joining UnityPoint Health Ventures, I was an innovation consultant with the United Nations. I also worked as a blockchain consultant for the European consulting firm Capgemini Consulting and co-founded an orthopedic medical device.
• Academically, I graduated from Harvard University (Cambridge, MA) and CentraleSupelec (Paris, France) with a Master’s in Design Engineering and from Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) with a Bachelor’s in Biomedical Engineering.
Q: What drew you to the Venture Associate role?
• The team was the most important factor to me. After meeting with them for the first time, I knew that they were the team I wanted to work with. I felt very aligned with their values and determination to shape the future of healthcare and I am looking forward to the great work ahead!
Q: Do you have a favorite book, podcast or other resource related to Innovation and/or Venture Investing?
• The very first book that fueled my passion for innovation was “The Startup Owner’s Manual” by Steve Blank and Bob Dorf. It was not a book about “how to invest in a startup” but it was around “how to build a great company”.
• The latest book that I am reading is “The Business of Venture Capital” by Mahendra Ramsinghani (suggested by my colleague). Highly recommended!
Q: What inspires you – either at work or in your personal life?
• Whether it was designing low-cost ventilators for developing countries or building schools for refugees, my work has always been driven by impact. I am passionate about working towards bigger causes and helping humanity with our most challenging problems.
Q: What are your hobbies or personal interests?
• I love swimming and diving, any type of water activities including diving with sharks!
• I love traveling and exploring new cultures
• I am also a huge foodie!
Q: What are three words that describe you?